How to integrate travel in your home decor

As you all may know by now, I am quite the travel enthusiast. Unfortunately, I don't have a limitless bank account or chance to travel all the time. I know, it sucks. But sometimes, it feels good to be home. Especially if I can decorate it with all of my souvenirs. As you may have guessed by the title, I am showing you how you can integrate your travel passion into your own place.

1. World Map
I know; been there, done that. But here is the deal; how about a map with a twist? I am not talking about the classic world map pinned on your geographic class wall, I am talking about a modern art map, just like in my boyfriend's office. It can be a framed map, a homemade one with strings and pictures or, like my sister's, a map pinned with key chains from every places visited. There is a wide selection out there for different tastes. Mine is modern and minimalist. What is yours?
2.Wall Art or framed pictures
When you take a beautiful picture, I understand you would want to hang it on the wall for everyone to see. There is nothing wrong with it, I also do it. But there are a lot of travel-inspired wall art on the web that you can buy, or get inspired from. It can be original without looking like you are bragging about your jet-set life. Haha.
3.Souvenirs
We all remember the classic "travel" shelf at one's house. It is filled with quirky souvenirs and (sometimes really weird!) figurines. I liked that idea, but I am a minimalist, so I had to come up with another plan. That is why, when I shop for personal souvenirs, I look for something meaningful for me. Something with muted colors that would fit in any room and can be used as a day-to-day object while reminding you of your crazy adventure. Just like here, where I used a small beige Buddha along with a beautiful rice bowl, serving as my jewel box (Can you see the theme?).
4.Luggage
My boyfriend's grandpa, one day, decided to gift us with his old luggage from the 70's, telling us it wasn't practical anymore. Though I totally agreed with him, I jumped on the occasion to use the beautiful grey luggage in my home decor. It is now used as a curtain holder, but I could also transform it as shelves or even an office. Possibilities are large.
I Hope this lifestyle article inspired you to integrate your passion of travel in your home.

Enjoy,
The little traveller's boots
Xox


-World Map: Zone Maison
-Frame: Zone Maison
-Shelves: Zone Maison
-Framed Art: Etsy 
-Luggage: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment