The Wine Route

For as long as I can remember, I always loved road trips. That feeling of going somewhere, spending time looking out the window of the car, stopping on the road to admire the scenery and discovering new places. During the first weekend of June 2016, we decided it was time for a little exploration of the local wine routes. In Québec, our vineyards are still very young since they first started 1981 in Domaine des Côtes d'Ardoise. It got bigger as the years went by and, in 1985, 5 more vineyards received an official permit to start producing. In the present days, the Eastern Townships is the proud home of 22 wineries overlooking incredible sights.

Day 1: Dunham
We started by visiting the oldest wineries home; Dunham. As we made a turn on the 202 road, I understood why the winegrower chose this place. The greener than reality hills, the deep blue sky and the peaceful sound of nature. The first vineyard we encounter was the "Vignoble les trois clochers", known for their great Seyval. We moved along the road to the "Domaine des Côtes d'Ardoise", where we tasted their Vidal and hiked among the vines to see locals' artcraft. Then, we went to "Union Libre", where we tasted their famous fire cider and fell in love with everything they had in store. We finished our wine tasting journey by "L'Orpailleur" winery, which mean "seeker of gold". I must say, the last winery has a special place in my heart, since my first glass of wine was their "part des anges". I still love it to this day.
Day 2: Lac Brome
On our last day, we decided to do a bit more of sightseeing and drove to Lac Brome. There, we stumbled upon "Domaine les Bromes" also known as "Leon Courville, vigneron". This magical vineyard is located on top of a hill overlooking the Lac Brome valley and is home to an incredible Riesling. I must say, I enjoyed their vast selection of wine, but I loved mostly the view of the lake over the vines.

I Hope I inspired some of you to try the wine route of the Eastern Townships. For more information, visit: La route des vins
Cheers to more travel,
The little traveller's boots
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment